Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Where do I find the answer to this question can you use

Customer Question
Where do I find...

Where do I find the answer to this question can you use romex in a school storage building

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My partner said that you can use romex to wire a school storage shed I said it is not code compliant

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/9/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike G and I answered your first attempt on the question in error. A separate storage shed may have Romex installed. Art518
I dont see where it says schools storage builde in section 518
It lists places of assembly and a school is. The storage bldg unless it is a garage may use NM cable.
It is a garage
did you get my question

Can't use it in that application.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician