Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

How do Locate a reset switch for a GFCI outlet. One day

Customer Question
How do Locate a...

How do Locate a reset switch for a GFCI outlet

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/9/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 9 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) There are 3 types of GFCI's.......ie...... a GFCI circuit breaker or a GFCI receptacle or a GFCI blank face device.

Only the GFCI receptacle or GFCI blank face will have a reset button. To reset a GFCI breaker, you turn the breaker OFF and then back to the ON position.

THANK YOU

No problem, glad to assist.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Any other questions?