Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired electrical contractor, 51 years experience.
23932409

My husband and I sleep with a power point behind our bed

Customer Question

Hi there,My husband and I sleep with a power point behind our bed that is not used.Is it possible to disable it or stop the current from going behind our bed?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Two years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, an electrician can remove the power point (receptacle) and put a blank plate on it.... IF it is the last receptacle in the chain of those receptacles it can be disconnected entirely.

We can go from there after you rate this brief answer, with no time limits …. and with as much coaching and trouble shooting as needed.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.