Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Generator guardian 17500, 26250 surge watts; It was working…

Customer Question
generator guardian 17500, 26250 surge...
generator guardian 17500, 26250 surge watts; It was working fine this morning. I wanted to try it today before the hurricane but it's not generating electricity. I checked the braker and seems fine, I detected no electricity into the braker on the cables that come directly from the generator.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/8/2017
Electrician: ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor replied 8 months ago
ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor

Hi Javier, welcome to justanswer.com

Did you check for voltage at the breaker on the generator?

You should check voltage on both sides of the generator breaker...input & output

Let me know what you find and we can continue.

Thank you

before I was getting 240v. after not getting any I open the panel and checked on both sides of the braker, zero electricity

OK, thank you. Next, check the control fuse.

where is this located?

It should be in the same area as the generator breabreaker...looking for picture for you

What is the nodel # of the gen?

Thanks

give me a few mins. will take pic and send you
i found a 10A fuse behind the panel which is blownoff. i bridged it but still no current!

Great job locating the fuse.

Looking for wiring diagram...will return.

Is your utility power out now?

i have power ok now, but we're having hurricane Irma on its way and will likely loose power who know for how long

Hope you aren't in Florida.

When I can get in and get to my PC, I hope to have better success finding the correct wiring diagram.

For now I will opt out in case another expert can help you sooner.

If that doesn't happen and I can find the info, I will reply here.

thank you. i'm in Miami.

Oh great, wish I could help. Once the troubleshooting manual gets to that point, it states that it is an "internal generator problem" & not field serviceable...needs to go to gen repair shop.

I hope you are in a safe location.

ProGrade
ProGrade