Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

WANT TO INSTALL A REMOTE SWITCH ONE SIDE OF ROOM TO OPERATE…

Customer Question
WANT TO INSTALL A...

WANT TO INSTALL A REMOTE SWITCH ONE SIDE OF ROOM TO OPERATE OVERHEAD FLUORESCENT LIGHTS, THAT ARE OPERATED BY 3 WAY SWITCHES AT TWO DIFFERENT DOORS . 277 VOLT.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is a new project at Studebaker Museum

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Remote switching would save a lot of work near and over top of old autos doing a hardwire tie in

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/7/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 11 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Hi the only way you could do that without running more wire is if the incoming power comes into a junction box attached to one of thr lights.