Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I took down a half wall with an outlet. the outlet was

Customer Question
I took down a...

I took down a half wall with an outlet. the outlet was connected to a 3 way switch and now the light will not come on. what should i do

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The outlet is disconnected and capped off. There are wires going to a double switch which is a 3 way with another with in the same room but across the room. the light will not come on now.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/7/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

The feed at the removed outlet needs to be renewed to the switches. A junction or a splice connector may be employed depending on accessibility to it.

this needs to be done at the switch?
at work right now and can't talk
can i send message once i get home

The connection needs to be on the wires that we're on the removed receptacle outlet. You can install a junction below if over a basement or a Tyco Splice and be installed and be covered.

We can continue when ever you are ready.