Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Replacing a 5 ton ac unit has ahd 10 guage wire up to it for…

Customer Question
Replacing a 5 ton...

Replacing a 5 ton ac unit has ahd 10 guage wire up to it for years. wire shows burn on out side of tube. should i have it rerun in 8 ga

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filters good will put in new thermostat but no power until the wire is replaced

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 9 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hi what is the brand and model of the unit and does it have a readable data plate/sticker?