Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a transformer 120volt input with multi output but…

Customer Question
I have a transformer...

I have a transformer 120volt input with multi output but secondary has multi voltage:33v 0v,13.5v 0v,2.7v 0v 2.7v,9v 0v 9v.The transformer total consumption is just 25 watts how you work out amps for each secondary winding.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For the last couple of weeks.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am from Fiji Islands I aske my nephew to send me the transformer from Fiji 8 months ago that transformer is lost so I went online and searched the net for the schematic that's what I found out the wiring.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

It is Luxman D105U it is a valve CD player I think it is forom 80s.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Electrician: Terry Peterman, Electrician replied 5 months ago
Terry Peterman
Terry Peterman, Electrician
Hello, this is Terry.
I can help you with this

Are you still here?

Electrician: James I, Electrician replied 5 months ago
James I
James I, Electrician

Please let me know if you require assistance, and I can advise you on the amps\load you can take for your transformer.

Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 5 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Very simple math. Just apply Watts Law where P = I x E.

P= Watts, I = amps and E = voltage.

2) To solve for the amps, the formula will be re-written as I = P divided by E (watts divided by the voltage). I = P/E.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Any other questions?

I haven't heard back from you, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

James I
James I
James I, Electrician