Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

When I came home this afternoon, the power was out. There…

Customer Question
When I came home...

When I came home this afternoon, the power was out. There was a strong storm. Once the power returned, there was a hissing sound coming from an outlet in my bedroom. Once I unplugged everything it stopped. I tried replugging and the noise returned.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure. I was just looking for a possible cause.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
9/6/2017
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi

Is the sound only coming from one outlet?

Also, do you know which circuit breaker feeds the circuit the outlet in question is connected to?

Never mind

Would you like me to close the question?