Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Jacobsen LF3800 with a V1505 - T motor. I

disconnected the relays to change...
I have a Jacobsen LF3800 with a V1505 - T motor. I disconnected the relays to change them and I have lost the diagram to show the wire connection sequence. I need help connecting relay one two and three behind the seat.
9/4/2017
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

ok, I've located the electrical drawings for that model mower. Do you want me to post them here or can you tell me what relays they are and have me try to find the connections?

Are they labeled R1, R2, ans R3?

Post them here is a good start. Did you see the pictures of relay one. If I got that one and three I would be good. Number two relay is connected
r1, r2 and r3..
About Four wires each

Ok, yes I see those on here. I will post it momentarily

Post the manual so I can see if they are the same. R2 has orange with blue strip, light blue with black strip, light blue with white strip, and black

Ok, here's a link to the whole maintenance and repair manual http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/4179107_1111_b.pdf?m=1323708623

That is not the wiring diagram
I already downloaded that. It has nothing in there about the relax wire color or pin out

the only relays listed are K-10 and K-11. K-10 goes into R-3 on the diagram. Do you know what your relays are?

On the diagram they aren't labeled as Relay =R. The diagram has Relays and Solenoid labelled as K

And the diagram actually does list wire color and point connection numbers

K-10 on that diagram matches your wire colors for R2

OK so I need r1 and r3 or k1 and k3.

Give me the wire colors of your R1 and R3 and I'll see if I can tell

On the relay if you tell me which wire goes to 30, 85, 86 and 87 for r1 then I can connect it. Then we can do r3

ok, what are the wire colors for your R1?

looks like K-11 is the only other relay with that kind of connection

That wire connection would be

gray/Red to 86

orange/blue to 30

purple/wht to 87

remaining wire (maybe black?) to 85

Red with white strip, red(ignition) , black, orange with yellow strip( light blue with red strip, blue with white strip, orange with blue strip(str) purple with white strip,

Is that all the wires for both the remaining relays?

This is not including relay 2.

Could that red with white stripe be the gray/red? Looks like you have all others for your R1 that are listed in the diagram

Relay 2 is showing, orange blue (gp), light blue white strip, light blue black strip, and black. It could be wrong as well so we need to verify that.

K-10 matches that

light blue/wht to 86

orange/blue to 30

black to 85

light blue/black to 87

OK k10 is r2.. So that is good and correct.
What is showing for k11.. Or r3
Is k10 in fact relay 2?
If so what is k9 because you showed be k11 and some are correct but not all. March my wire color
Hello

Sorry had to step away for a few minutes

I posted the connections for K11 previously. Scroll up to see those

Yes I believe K10 is R2

I saw them if k 11bis r3 and k10 is r2 I need k9 to verify the mix up color connection. Because k11 wire colors don't match my wires.
if I can see what k9 color is then the remaining and missing one wire would go to k 11...

K9 shows as a fuel solenoid with a white, light green/Yellow, and a Green

I have none of those.
Is there a k12
To answer your questions above the red wire is labeled ignition
Red with white strip is a large power carrying wire. I assume it would go to position 39 on one of the relays

K12 is listed as a Cruise Control magnet but I don't see it in the diagram

Are all 3 of these relays the same?

i only see 2 in this diagram

Three all side by same exactly the same. The only ones with labels are orange /blue with str, red with ignition and orange /blue with gp(this one went to relay)

ok i found another diagram that might be yours

hold on let me look it over

ok this one has 3 relays. I think we're good

relay labeled K19 has

Red goes to 30

orange/Yel to 86

black to 85

Red/white to 87

Relay labeled K4 has

dark blue/white to 86

ornage/blue to 30

purple/white to 87

light blue/red to 85

OK that matches up...

Relay labeled K1 has

orange/blue to 30

light blue/white to 86

black to 85

light blue/black to 87

Perfect.

ok! Helps to get the right diagram

This is a bonus event.. You are more than awesome and patient

Sweet! Glad to be of service

Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician