Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have a class 2 plug-in transformer who's 2 wires got

I have a class 2 plug-in transformer who's 2 wires got unattached. It has two screws at the bottom under the word "load" and power runs through it just fine, but when I reattach the wires, power stops running through the screws (and energy does not flow through the wires). The wires power the garage door system, so somehow I've got to restore power through them. I've cleaned the wires as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

What do you have for a tester?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a non- contact 50-1000V voltage tester.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pictures for reference:

That tester picks up voltage in the area of any voltage. You need a 2 wire voltage tester to verify output if any. You can strike across the screws with a wire between them to see if there is any voltage.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, what should I do if 1) there is no voltage or 2) there is voltage?
The test on the screws should show 16.5VAC. if it does the problem isn't the transformer.

.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thank you!
Anytime, you're welcome.