Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Want to connect cam switch lw28-20/0-4.2 to 10mfd cap. and…

Want to connect cam...

Want to connect cam switch lw28-20/0-4.2 to 10mfd cap. and motor 51-19923-01-02

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would like to see the wiring diagram

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

New fabrication for a 2x72 sander; electrician is slow to respond

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/16/2017
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello I can help.Let me review your question and get back to you

If you have a wiring diagram available you can upload a picture file here

I did find a picture of your motor and the diagram but if you can upload a pic of yours to confirm that would be best. But, I can't seem to locate the exact model of your switch. Do you have a diagram for that?

Based on the motor number you gave I found a Westinghouse motor and based on that I made generic diagram for you since I don't have the diagram for the switch. If this works for you please give me a rating be for logging off. Otherwise let me know how else I can help you.

switch has 8 screw bases, numbered accordingly; 4positions on the switch plus the off position; four wires from the motor to the switch as speed control; brown and white from the motor plus a chassis ground; cap. has two posts
no diagram of the rotary switch

Ok, can you upload a picture?

switch is marked; ue 500v;1th 20amp;ue 440v220v;;ac-15, 4a5a;ac-3, 5.5a;ac-2, 7.5a; ac-4,1.5a;;
after the comma the second entry is below the first
ue
500v

Ok, I've been searching. I think I'm close

that is the switch, good hunting

Ok, run your power supply hot line to terminal 1 of switch and then your will need to make 3 small jumpers to jump from 1 to 3, 3 to 5, 5 to 7. Then motor red to terminal 2, motor yellow to terminal 4, motor blue to terminal 6, motor black to terminal 8. I've updated the drawing

If that answers your question please don't forget to rate me, it's the only way I get credit with JustAnswer for answering a question

Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Thanks for the rating! Good luck with your project

Oh and thanks for the bonus. Much appreciated!

runs well; thank you

Awesome! Enjoy!

Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician