Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I have a hunter 3 in 1 peedestal fan,number 90390/ mounted

i have a hunter 3 in 1 peedestal fan,number 90390/ mounted on wall
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: is there anyway this fan could be sat fire not from motor or wires just break in could you sat yhis fan on fire
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no sir
JA: Anything else you want Rick (HVAC Supervisor with 20,000 5-star reviews) to know before I connect you?
Customer: no sir

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) As long as the fan wiring and/or internal fan components have not been altered, then the fan should be fine.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my question can you purposely sat this fan on fire with matches lighter my house was broke in and tried to sat little fires, they said maybe someone tried to sat this fan on fire

1) Any electrical consumer product can intentionally be set on fire.

2) Is there any physical sign of damage to the fan?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the fan was burned and fell on floor, it seemed begin hard plastic you couldt sat the fan on fire would matches do it

1) Matches or a lighter would be somewhat difficult to set hard plastic on fire without an accelerant such as gasoline or lighter fluid.

2) Of course if there was an internal malfunction on the fan such as loose wires, terminations, etc. it is possible the fan could catch on fire by itself.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you so much Kevin lots of help no accelerant found on anything

Then I would attribute the problem as being internal to the fan. The motor could have overheated or loose wires, etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks so much
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
kevin one more question if the fan was in the wall bracket(HARD PLASTIC) Could the fan burned and fell out of bracket on the floor,without damaging the wall bracket
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi kevin just making sure you got the last question

1) That is somewhat doubtful that the bracket would not have been damaged or broken.

2) If the fan was operational at the time and fell on the floor, depending upon the fan blades position, the motor could have overheated due to no air circulation. Here again, that is also somewhat doubtful.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
one more question the body of the fan had melted soft plastic,could it have melted and fell over
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the part of the fan holder pole was also melted there wasnt alot of fan left

1) If the fan body melted, then I would be suspicious of a faulty motor. Could have overheated.

2) Also if any wires were loose, they could have arced which in the right conditions could start a fire.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my sprinkler system went off could the force of water shooting out would that be something that could have happened for the fan begin on the floor,thanks kevin

If water came into direct contact while the fan was running, then yes it is possible that the water contact may have damaged the motor which in turn created electrical arcing.....ie..... .sparks.

Thank you for the positive service rating as well as the bonus............both are very much appreciated!

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Take care and have a great day............Thanks again............Kevin:)