Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a Hampton Bay pedestal fans. probably 20+ years old.

Customer Question
I have a Hampton...

I have a Hampton Bay pedestal fans. probably 20+ years old. The motor and switch need to be replaced and there are positively no pert umbers that I can see. Help

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The fan stopped working a few months ago. Everyone I've spoken says they need part numbers

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Y

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
8/4/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

The best source for a replacement switch is at the link below. Keep in mind that you need to note the wire colors on each termination. If not, you'll have a problem making it work.

http://eceilingfans.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its not a ceiling fan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
r u there?

Missed that. Remove the switch and take it to a home center for a match. Also, if in hand you may see a part number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need the motor and switch. Home centers can't help. That's why I paid for your help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is in hand and no part numbers are there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You probably should have read my comments above
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
helloo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mike G
Are you there?

It seems that I'm not able to help. I'll opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
some master electrician!!!