Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

How do i wire my furnace so i can plug it into my generator…

Customer Question
how do i wire my...
how do i wire my furnace so i can plug it into my generator when the powers go out ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
8/3/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) You will need a furnace/generator Xfer switch shown in the link below:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Reliance-Controls-Furnace-Transfer-Switch-TF151/202216476

2) Another option is to install an Interlock device at the main panel and back feed the generator to the panel. With the Interlock device, this gives you additional capabilities to provide backup power to the main electrical panel. See link shown below for an Interlock:

https://www.interlockkit.com/

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Just what I needed thank you

No problem, glad to assist.

Please consider a 5 star rating before you log off.

Thanks............Kevin:)

Any other questions?