Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Switch tto swamp cooler died. new switch from HD not exactly…

Customer Question
switch tto swamp cooler...

switch tto swamp cooler died. new switch from HD not exactly the same. coming into switch box are a black/white pair with 120 on it. going out to unit is another black white pair. do 3 wires go to the outgoing black? incoming neutral to outgoing neutral?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Thermostat of no apparent use on unit. wherever it is set has no effect, been that way for 20 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, experienced with electrical including building 1000 volt tube stereo amplifiers.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
8/2/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 11 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Hello I can help. Could you upload a picture of the switch and connections for the unit?
I'm at the office now. will do later. Thanks

Ok. I will wait on you reply then.