Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am installing a 30 amp tt. Can the breaker in the power…

Customer Question
I am installing a...

I am installing a 30 amp tt . Can the breaker in the power panel be maybe 40 or 50 amp

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just starting to put the power run in for shore power for the travel trailer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
8/2/2017
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ........it will say on the switch itself what size breaker it is........look to see if it is a double pole too........you will be able to transition to a 30 amp or a twin breaker .........it would help to bring all the info you need ......the name of the panel box......the breaker manufacturer........numbers etc

What? Bring the info where? Just asking if the travel trailer 39 amp service and receptacle plug can be safely run to a higher breaker perhaps 40 amp in the main power panel
No don't need a phone call.
Sorry should be 30 amp trailer service
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. These size of the breaker is determined by the size of the load and the wire size. A 30A 120V circuit and outlets is the usual for a trailer.

Thank you

You're welcome.

If we are done a 5 star rating would be appreciated.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician