Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Experience:  Maintenance Electrician, Electrical Contractor, Locomotive Electrician
16916066

I I need to change the bulb in m model 8662NK. I have tried

Customer Question

I I need to change the bulb in m model 8662NK. I have tried pushing down but it doesn't bulge. How do I change the bulb?y but one
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: NL
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I tried putting the inserting something in the edge to pry it open but to no avail
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Sam I replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I can help. Let me review the specs on that fixture and get right back to you

Expert:  Sam I replied 2 months ago.

Ok, pull down the plastic grille ring, not the glass. It will drop down about 2 inches and then you will find two wire springs on opposite sides holding it up. Unhook one set from the ceiling housing and you can change the bulb. Then re-install the spring holders into the housing and push the grille assembly back up to the ceiling. I've attached a couple of pics for reference.

If this answers your question satisfactorily please don't forget to rate me before logging off - it's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Expert:  Sam I replied 2 months ago.

I know that is not the exact model you have with the plastic but yours should be the same concept

Expert:  Sam I replied 2 months ago.

Here's a pic of an 8662 with the grille ring and lens removed