Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have zero power to my dishwasher. I checked the wires with…

Customer Question
I have zero power...

I have zero power to my dishwasher. I checked the wires with an AC voltage detector. No voltage. I also checked the breaker...nothing. My dishwasher is hard wired. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I'm getting the model. It's a Kenmore and I'm not sure what you mean by test cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Kenmore ultra wash.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
8/1/2017
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi............I would like to start with something that hopefully may be a simple solution ...........there are usually GFI outlets associated with kitchens and baths ......so if you could to me a favor and go to these receptacles and re set them if necessary........if you have one of these it would help .......

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-Tools-Outlet-Tester-Green-MS112H/206029154

see if you are getting the right code (2 greens)........please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie