Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Hooked up two dimmer and on switch trip breaker fix that…

Customer Question
Hooked up two dimmer...

Hooked up two dimmer and on switch trip breaker fix that problem now no power to kitchen and joing room

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Everything was working until I was closeting up and turned the power on and breaker trip

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Looks like the grounds touch pulled everything out rest the breaker still no power

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
7/29/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 6 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, I can help. Did you check the panel for other tripped breakers? Sometimes they don't show as tripped. You have to lightly press them toward the off position and ones that move easily towards the middle or off are tripped. Try that first and let me know.

Did that fix the problem?

Mike, Master Electrician