Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I'm istalling a ground wire for my WiFi system/cable box and…

Customer Question
I'm istalling a ground...

I'm istalling a ground wire for my WiFi system/cable box and TWC

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Requires 8' but I'm told that in rocky ground, I can cut an 8' cu and put together and clamp with one 1 out of ground. Is this acceptavle ? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes but I'm a licensed engineer.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just wondering if this will work

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
7/28/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question

1) If rocky soil conditions, the 8 foot ground rod may be buried horizontally 2 1/2 feet deep or driven at a 45 degree angle.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Any other questions?