ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I want to convert a T8 bulbs to LED. I have a 3 tube fixture

Customer Question

I want to convert a T8 bulbs to LED. I have a 3 tube fixture with a ballast. It has 1 black wire, 1 white wire, 1 red wire, and 3 blue wires. The bulbs I have to replace them are LED2-T8GL-ID-15W-35. Right now I have the 3 blue wires and black wire connected, and the red and white wire connected, and its not working?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 11 days ago.

Most work with the old ballast if it still works but that defeats the purpose because the LEDs are more efficient without it. Remove the ballast and connect the black wire to all the wires at one end of the fixture and connect the white wire to all the wires on the opposite end of the fixture

Expert:  ProGrade replied 11 days ago.

Just checking to make sure you got my instructions and to see if you have any additonal questions.

How did it go?

Thanks