Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Was just informed I might require a Hard Wire Junction box…

Customer Question
Was just informed I...

Was just informed I might require a Hard Wire Junction box with installation of a water heater. Would like to know appx cost for this job and recommendations of electricians in my area

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

No problem just need to replace water heater and as in a city in SFLA, city inspection, unfortunately, now requres this vs a plug in..

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Nope

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats it for now

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
5/25/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Is the unit in line of sight of the panel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not sure what you are asking. Have a plug in water heater and just informed requiring a Hard Wire junction box to install a new one.

If you can't see the breaker panel from the heater you'll need a disconnect not a junction box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
was told by the plumber, junction box so assuming he is correct. i am not of knowledge

The receptacle was a means of disconnect, that's why I asked. A junction box installation will cost around $150.00. A non fused disconnect will cost around $200.00

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician