Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Yew we have a harber breeze celing fan. I pulled it appart

Customer Question

Yew we have a harber breeze celing fan. I pulled it appart because the pull chain had broke in side the SW. It has four wires. You have this sw.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I pulled it apart today but my lady friend has ben complaining for a bit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yew I was a master Elect. But I would still have to have the color wires already attached to the Sw.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If you could do this I'ed be happy as can be.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I recommend that you take a picture and/or label the wires at the pull chain switch connections. There is no standard wiring color code for pull chain switch types on ceiling fans. It is up to each individual fan manufacturer to determine the switch type and the wire colors.

2) If a pull chain switch replacement is required, I recommend that you contact eceilingfans.com shown in the link below. Provide them with the manufacturer name and the fan model number. Generic replacement pull chain switches will often not work or be compatible on many ceiling fans. An exact pull chain switch type is required.

http://eceilingfans.com/switches_-_pull_chain_-_ceilin.html

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)