Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have a 30 amp outlet from which I would like to attach my

Customer Question

I have a 30 amp outlet from which I would like to attach my table saw and shop vac so that they both start and stop from the same switch. How do I do that?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I started with an extension cord to a household plugging strip which worked for a minute or so but then the 15 amp plugging strip always stops.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I learn how and I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can the switch be attached to the table saw's table so that the saw and vac switch are at the table saw for ease?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.
You'll need a fused disconnect to protect the equipment. Both I'm sure are not protected by a 30A circuit. I would suspect they are rated for 20A. Let me know if I'm correct.