Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I just hooked up a 1 hp electric motor to a 240v source

Customer Question
following the schematics on the...
I just hooked up a 1 hp electric motor to a 240v source following the schematics on the motor plate. I got the motor to run in the proper direction but it is turning slow. The motor ha 2 capacitors on it .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The motor is for a greenhouse ventilation fan. It isn't spinning fast enough to open the louvres.
4/22/2017
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Is it a new motor? Are you able to post a photo of the connection diagram on the motor plate? Is it a single phase motor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a single phase new motor. There are two wiring options on the plate. One for low power and one for high power. I followed the high power diagram. On both there is one wire that isn't connected to either L1 or L2 so I capped it.

What is the brand and model number of the motor?