Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

We had a burned out circuit breaker, replaced it, but only…

Customer Question
We had a burned...

We had a burned out circuit breaker, replaced it, but only some of the power is back. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

No electrician yet. The house was built in the 50s.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

May have to but want to do more. want to know more, that is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This circuit also has the kitchen stove as well as power in a bedroom. the lights in the bedroom are back but the stove is dead.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
4/1/2017
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Let me review your question!

Do you have a multi-meter ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.

Are you sure the stove is on the same circuit ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We suspect so because the breaker was tripped when the stove went out. But recently the utility co had to reattach the line to the house at the pole. The stove was out then too.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could this be coincidence?

You need to get an electrician to look at your panel there could be more than one breaker bad in there?

When a power co.has to replace feeders that is never a good thing ?

Hope I was of help today?

Please give me a positive rating when your done!

Thanks !

George