Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I am trying to attach a light kit to a hampton bay ceiling

Customer Question
fan, and when I connect...
I am trying to attach a light kit to a hampton bay ceiling fan, and when I connect the black wire to the blue wire, and white wire to the white nothing happens. If I connect the black to the 3 grey wires, and the white to the white, it works, but when I put the fan on slower, the light dims too low.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a few hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Electrical
1/29/2017
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 9 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I’m new to just answer so please be patient with me. I am a licensed Electrician. I think I can help you, as I have over 40 years of electrical experience.

Can you take a pic of the wiring to have done ?

Grey is used as a neutral not for power ? do you have a multimeter ?

Mike, Master Electrician