Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) What area of the home is for the dead circuit? Kitchen, bathroom, etc?
2) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multimeter to take voltage measurements?
1) Are any of the devices on that circuit wired using the back-stab insert holes or are the wires terminated to the device side terminal screws?
Thanks for the replies.
I am sorry, I am not able to make a phone call at this time.
1) Non contact voltage pens won't work. You need a 2 wire lead tester or a multimeter.
2) Did you check if any GFCI's tripped?
3) If you replaced GFCI receptacles, you need a tester or a meter to confirm that the LINE and LOAD sides were not reversed.
4) It is not recommended to install wires into the back-stab insert holes as the wires are prone to come loose. Side screw terminals are always recommended.
5) Once you get a meter, check a few of the dead receptacles as shown in the following diagram. Let me know the 3 voltage measurements.
That is fine, but you still need a multimeter to confirm voltages and troubleshoot the problem. Get your meter and we can continue.
Sorry but I have opted out of the question. The question will be placed back to the open board. No need to reply back to me, you will be notified if another expert picks up the question.