Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I have a Gould GQ20MBAA, ITE Panel and need to get a double

Customer Question

I have a Gould GQ20MBAA, ITE Panel and need to get a double 15AMP breaker. Could not find one at Home Depot any suggestions
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just getting started. I want to add additional lighting in my basement and my panel is full. My thought is using one of the 15 amp breakers and replacing it with a double to add the new line and retain the existing line
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of the the 12/2 wiring
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: House was built in '82. No.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Gould is long gone and out of business. They were bought out by ITE which is also long gone. Siemens purchased ITE and Siemens QP type breakers are listed for Gould panels.

2) Shown in the link below is a 15 amp double pole Siemens type QP breaker that will fit in your Gould panel.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Siemens-15-Amp-Double-Pole-Type-QP-Circuit-Breaker-Q215/100162545

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Any other questions?