Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) How many and what are the wire colors on the receiver? 1 black and 1 white on 1 side of the receiver and 1 black, 1 white and 1 blue on the other side of the receiver?
2) Does the fan contain a light kit?
3) How many house wires and the house wire colors in the ceiling box?
Thanks for the replies.
1) Are the house black and red wires spliced together or was one of these wires capped off and not being used?
2) Is there a wall switch that can over ride the remote? If so, back the switch out from the wall box and tell me the quantity and wire colors on the wall switch?
3) Can you provide me with the model number of the fan?
Thanks for the pic's
1) I am unable to locate the installation manual and the model number on Lowe's website.
2) Since the switch contains 2 black wires, 1 of the ceiling black is the switched loop wire that will splice to the fan hot.
3) Did you remove all of the ceiling splices?
4) Any chance that you have a 2 wire lead AC volt tester or a multimeter?
1) Can you look at the instruction manual and see if they state to splice the receiver black and blue together to the fan black?
2) I'm thinking that the ceiling red is the hot wire which was probably spliced to 1 of the ceiling black wires and the other ceiling black is the switched loop wire that extends from the wall switch. Do you remember which ceiling wires were spliced together?
Yes, always a good idea to take a picture or label the wires prior to disconnecting splices.
Since the instruction sheet does not state the splicing method from the receiver blue wire to the fan wire, you're guess is as good as mine. Possibly the receiver is not compatible with the fan?
I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board. Perhaps another electrician here has experience with this particular fan model. I don't want to provide you incorrect instructions.
No need to reply back to me. You will be notified when another electrician picks up the question.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll assist you if you choose to continue. Let me know your intentions.
Yes I did. Your first statement indicated that the fan only had a black, white and green wire, is that correct?
That being the case, you can't install a universal receiver in it. You need a match for the receiver in the fan body. I'll give you a link to a supplier for the replacement. If you look through the top vent holes, you'll see the receiver. You need to only make a connection with a molex connector that will be on the new receiver.
Sorry you're giving up. I'll send this to customer service for you.