Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I RAN 60' OF LEGRAND CAT6 CABLE IN MY BASEMENT AND AM NOW 6

Customer Question
I RAN 60' OF LEGRAND...
I RAN 60' OF LEGRAND CAT6 CABLE IN MY BASEMENT AND AM NOW 6 INCHES SHORT OF CONNECING TO MY NEW SMART TV!!! HELP I NEED THE ABILITY TO CONNECT 2 CAT6 CABLES TOGETHER!!!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: IT'S PART OF A BASEMENT REMODEL... GOT A NEW 50" SMART TV FOR XMAS AND WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT DIRECT TO MODEM!!
JA: Just to clarify, are you working with a contractor?
Customer: NO... JUST NEED A PART NUMBER SO I CAN ORDER THE CONNECTOR. LOWES DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUCH ITEM??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I ALREADY DID, DRYWALL IS UP AND I NEED THE CONNECTOR!!
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: MISSED WHAT?? I NEED A LEGRAND CONNECTOR TO CONECT 2 LEGRAND CAT6 CABLES TOGETHER.....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Electrical
1/4/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

You can go to the link below for a Cat6 cable junction box, cost $2.97.

SKU# *****

http://www.cableleader.com

Please don't forget to rate the answer. 5 stars would be appreciated.

No Mike... your thinking like an installer!! I don't have bulk cat6 cable. I don't want a punch down!! I have one complete cat6 cable with ends already on it manufactured by LEGRAND and purchased from LOWES. I am 6 inch's short of my connection. to my smart TV, so I bought another 3' cat6 LEGRAND cable from LOWES complete with ends already on it. Lowes doesn't carry anything to connect the ends together, by just plugging into the two ends of ????.... What can you suggest, I buy?? and no I can't rerun the original cat6 cable to gain the 6 inches...
No... type the response

Go to the same link for a connector.

Inline coupler SKU IC313-5000 under $4.00

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician