Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Your brochure for my ceiling fan says in winter to turn the

Customer Question

Your brochure for my ceiling fan says in winter to turn the switch to the up position. Fan blades should turn clockwise to bring warm air down, but when I do that, the blade are turning COUNTER clockwise.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 17 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, it just seems the instructions I read on the internet for summer/winter settings is the opposite of what my brochure for the fan is telling me
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been here since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** - the site is sending you those prompts, not me. If you need phone support, I can opt out and another expert will help you.

Ok, let's see what we can do here.

What direction do the fans rotate when the switch is set to the alternative position?