Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Electric blanket controls are blinking. do I need to replace

Customer Question
both controls? JA: How old is...
electric blanket controls are blinking. do I need to replace both controls?
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: no
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/17/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

The first thing I suggest is taking the blanket to another room and plugging it in to see if it still is blinking. This will show if the blanket or the outlet is the problem. Let me know the results.

used extension cord from next outlet and it was ok, then reinstalled in original outlet, now is ok seems to be working now, should I anticipate replacing control[s]?

The reason for checking it in a different outlet was to see if the control or the outlet was the problem. If it starts blinking again repeat the suggestion. You may have a bad connection in the outlet that causes the issue.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician