Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Our outside lights on our garage suddenly stopped coming on

Customer Question
last night. They go...
Our outside lights on our garage suddenly stopped coming on last night. They go on and off by a photo censor. We have checked the breakers qand no problem there. Anything else were not thinking about?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Only since last night.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what must be done.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is all we know at this time
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/10/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the photo sensor a separate component or is it built into a light fixture?

2) Do you have a multimeter and some black electrical tape available?

Since I have not heard back from you, I will opt out of the question and place it back to the open board. No need to reply back to me, you will be notified if another expert picks up the question.

Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi I, I'm Mike G a NB d I'll assist you. If you chose to continue. You'll need a 2 wire voltage tester to troubleshoot the problem. Let me know your intentions.

Mike, Master Electrician