Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I'm looking for a replacement ballast for a Hampton Bay

Customer Question

I'm looking for a replacement ballast for a Hampton Bay flushmount wall light fixture. It has model E204230 NL on a the side of the ballast, and model EE187 stamped on the ballast itself. nput 120V 60Hz 0.3A. Output 13W to 18W CFL Fluorescent Lamp. The light uses a 18W 4 prong, 4 tube CFL bulb. The ballast is approx 1-3/4" x 4-1/4" x 1" with two screws about 3-7/8" apart.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It's a light fixture in my son's house that quit working recently.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think I see the light on Home Depot website. Model EW290MAA. Their are two of these lights in my son's house. I'm anticipating the other light failing at some point also. If I can't find replacement ballasts, I plan to buy new fixtures. I was hoping to save some money if I could find a replacement ballast.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Below is a link to a site for a replacement ballast.

http://www.1000bulbs.com