How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7649
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking for a replacement ballast for a Hampton Bay

Customer Question

I'm looking for a replacement ballast for a Hampton Bay flushmount wall light fixture. It has model E204230 NL on a the side of the ballast, and model EE187 stamped on the ballast itself. nput 120V 60Hz 0.3A. Output 13W to 18W CFL Fluorescent Lamp. The light uses a 18W 4 prong, 4 tube CFL bulb. The ballast is approx 1-3/4" x 4-1/4" x 1" with two screws about 3-7/8" apart.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It's a light fixture in my son's house that quit working recently.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think I see the light on Home Depot website. Model EW290MAA. Their are two of these lights in my son's house. I'm anticipating the other light failing at some point also. If I can't find replacement ballasts, I plan to buy new fixtures. I was hoping to save some money if I could find a replacement ballast.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Below is a link to a site for a replacement ballast.