Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I have an almost new Amana electric dryer, model NED4655EW1.

Customer Question

Hi. I have an almost new Amana electric dryer, model NED4655EW1.
My girlfriend had it connected at her older house with a 3 wire cord.
We moved it to my house that has a 4 wire plug. I bought a new cord and connected it.
But the dryer doesn't start.
The outlet is good - my dryer (which we sold today and is now gone) worked fine.
Suggestions?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Located at the rear of the dryer on the cord termination, do you have the 2 cord hot wires terminating to the left and right hand screws and the white neutral cord wire terminated to the middle screw?

2) See picture shown below:

3) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or a multimeter available to take voltage measurments at the dryer cord terminal connections?

Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Hope this helps………If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Just wanted to follow-up with you and see if you have any other questions that I can answer?