How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steve G. Your Own Question
Steve G.
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 17987
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Steve G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a FPE dry type transformer S2XLH21-50. Do you know

Customer Question

I bought a FPE dry type transformer S2XLH21-50. Do you know about this item?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Going to hook it up and wanted to confirm a few things.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure ... what do you need from me?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
wanted field wiring connections for this transformer..
Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok then. Here we go.

Can you confirm primary and secondary voltages please. It looks like this is a single phase xfmr with a 240 or 480 primary and a 120 or 240 secondary.



Expert:  Steve G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, are you there?

I'm going to assume that you have 480 V on your primary and you want 120/240 split phase on the secondary.

If this is the case, on the primary side, jumper 4 to 5 and connect your 480 to H1 and H2.

On the secondary side, connect X2 to X3 and connect your two hots to X1 and X4 and the neutral to the X2/X3 terminal.

If you need a different arrangement, let me know.