Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I am trying to find out if a low voltage permit is required

Customer Question
for Cat5 cabling for a...
I am trying to find out if a low voltage permit is required for Cat5 cabling for a commercial building in Kalamazoo
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just was asked by the GC if we had pulled a permit yet for cabling. We have not done any work yet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have some techs based in Chesterfield that will be doing the work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My local techs said that Michigan doesn't usually require low voltage permits but want to make sure we don't violate any rules and to see if a permit is required
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
11/10/2016
Electrician: ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor

Welcome to www.justanswer.com

I visited the Kalamazoo Building Department's wrbsite where I was able to download an electrical permit application

http://www.kalamazoocity.org/applications-forms-and-permits

Because the application asks for information for data and telecommunications outlets I would assume that they require a permit for low voltage installations. I would not assume otherwise without contacting them directly @(###) ###-####/p>

ProGrade
ProGrade