Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Have a 230v submersible deep well pump just got it out of

Customer Question
ground to see if worked...
Have a 230v submersible deep well pump just got it out of ground to see if worked and does let me tell me a little about it first
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I'm samantha
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: How r u
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: 3 yes ago my mom and dad's home burnt to ground taking my mother that night the tool she'd a couple cars and the pump house burning wire on pump down just below ground level the pull cable also broke I had no Ideal what the pump was even called well man cost me 70.00 and he couldn't tell me anything except a new well 2500.00 I'm disabled and have finally come home to this property after losing my dad 13 months to the day after my mother living in camper at first while trying to do all the work myself into turning the only structure left on property that my father build yes ago into a house the barn he built
JA: Glad to hear it. How can we be of help?
Customer: I'm great ty
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I finally went on line to learn how to do this myself
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
11/5/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do I can do anything with a little knowledge I purchased the new wire was told cause so far from barn have to run 220

Electrically it may and to verify it all you need do is power it. If it runs you win, if it trips the breaker, further checking would be necessary.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the pressure switch a tank
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It works need to know how to hook up wires to it's own box and what size breaker then it comes to main service right

Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Red and black wires on it

How long is the circuit? Wire size depends on length of circuit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tester that is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that 2 wire tester
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its over 100ft
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like 110 ft
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry if sound dumb just learning these things

A 2 wire tester, multimeter or volt/con. Exact length needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok please explain 2 wire voltage tester how
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u tell what it is have few
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Multi meters here

It has 2 probe and will give an accurate reading of voltage or if there is an issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Has red wire and black wire u touch them to whatever and gives u reading
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its 230
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
230v
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2 phase with ground giving me 3 wires total
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When had well guy here he said needed to run 220 cause of distance from pump to barn which Is110ft

That's what it should be at the connection at the well. Turn a water valve on to allow the tank to activate the pressure switch and test each end of the switch for 230V.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok pulled pump out of ground cable u pull out with broke need to fix that problem then the night house burnt the pump house was completely burnt and the wire from pump house to well burnt off as well just below the ground about 5 inchs

Waiting for your acceptance of the phone offer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not accepting So i need to know what and how to hook back up from main electr

I think it better that I opt out. We are having a communication problem. Please stand by for another expert.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have new wire pressure switch new fuse box small one for only the pump to be on that will go inside new pump house i dont know what breaker to use 30amp 40amp etc and hows this wiring go pressure switch to breaker pump to bereaker all i gatger is main power supply needs to be ran from where it isto pump house whitch is about 110 ft that hooks into breaker box to breaker then how do i get it to pump tank pressure switch
Electrician: machinc, Electrical Technician replied 1 year ago
machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician
First connect your small breaker box to the wire from the house
You will need a double breaker
run a 12-2 with ground wire from the breakers to the pressure switch . The ground wire connects to the ground lug in the
breaker box .
There will be two hot wires black and white or black and red
At the pressure switch you will have the wires from the breaker and the wires from the well.
The two "hot " wires from the breaker connect to the first and last lugs on the pressure switch.
The two wires from the well , red and black or black and white connect to the other two lugs
on the pressure switch. The two in the middle . It does not matter which of these go first.
The pressure switch mounting plate will have one or two screws
screwed directly into the metal plate .
The ground wire from the breaker and the ground wire from the well terminate on these screws.
If there is only one ground screw they both connect to it.
The two wires terminate on the bottom. Each one will have 110/115 volts on them when the breaker is turned on
This will give you 220 at the pressure switch and then to the
Pump when the pressure switch operates.
Note : if you are not sure about doing this yourself you should have a professional well service technician do it for you.
They will make sure your tank is set up properly and can set the correct pressure on the switch.
Note : your system should use a
30 amp double breaker .
They will quote a price before coming out .
machinc
machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician