Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I was using an extension cord pluged into the outside

Customer Question
reseptical of my mobile home...
I was using an extension cord pluged into the outside reseptical of my mobile home. The cord shorted out at the receptical and tripped the breaker. After reseting the breaker there is still no power to that patr6 of the trailer. There is power coming out of the breaker but nothing will work that is supplied by that breaker. It is on a gfci circuit. I replaced the gfci receptacle thinking it might have been damaged. Still no power. Any suggestions?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just today.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I have in the past also.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Other than the shorted electrcal cord that caused the problem and the fact that nothing is working off of that breaker even though it has power going through it, no nothing else unusual.
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: 22 years. Yes he suggested using one of the plugin testers from the local hardware stores.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
11/1/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multi-meter to take some voltage measurements?

It has been 2 days and I see that you have not viewed the question. Since I haven't heard back from you, I will opt out of the question. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question.

Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'mike G and I'll be assisting you. Let me know if you want to continue.

Mike, Master Electrician