Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

The remote for my Hampton Bay ceiling fan is lost. I

Customer Question

The remote for my Hampton Bay ceiling fan is lost. I purchased a "universal" remote kit. As I disassemble the fan I find the housing containing the switch which reverses the fan, I find 2 wire bundles coming down from the motor and a cube with the identification CBB61. I assume that is NOT the receiver for the remote signal. In my experience I am looking for something larger with a bank of "dip" switches. In order to disassemble further I would need to remove a nut and drop the switch housing. Is that correct for me to be able to view the remote receiver? If I can visualize the remote receiver would would it be likely I could just set the "dip" switches the same as the one in the fan know and get it to work?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Is the receiver in the canopy or in the body of the fan?