Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Have IDENTICAL high pitched noise in bathroom that Sally (3

years ago) asked you about...
Have IDENTICAL high pitched noise in bathroom that Sally (3 years ago) asked you about. It could have been my house she was describing. You offered many reasonable possible answers but none worked. Wondering if you or Sally have since come up with solution.
Dean
10/17/2016
Rico Soma
Rico Soma, Electrical Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

I'm sorry but I don't have access to a 3 year old conversation and we have a number of plumbing experts so it might not have been me that gave those answers. Can yo tell me what you tried?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have a high pitched intermiten noise coming from ceiling fan area in an upstairs bathroom. Happens whether fan is on or off. Have unplugged fan. Turned a/c off. Taken battery out of smoke alarm. Checked attic no noise coming from there. No sound coming from furnace, etc.

It sounds like you need to consider something else other than an electrical cause. Possible plumbing causes are a failing fill valve in a toilet or a back flow preventer howling/whining. It could be the latter if you have an hoses connected to an outside faucet that has a back flow preventer (a code requirement) or possibly an irrigation system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you call me tomorrow 8 am? Getting ready to go to work now.Dean

There is a problem with your account. Please contact customer service to clear it up.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Then get back to me tomorrow morning ~ 9 am EDT

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I never said it was an electrical problem. I simply pointed out what I've tried to do to fix the problem. If it's not an electrical problem per your answer why am I corresponding with an electrician instead of a plumber? You've got my $24.00 I should get more than a brief analysis from an electrician if you think it's a plumbing issue.

I am a Master plumber and I gave you the likely culprits. You can eliminate the hose related backflow issue by disconnecting any hoses attached to outside faucets. You can eliminate the toilet fill valve issue by replacing the fill valve first in the toilet where the noise is most noticeable. Other issues related to backflow preventers would require an onsite assessment by a plumber.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rick, thank you for your quick and detailed reply. I assumed I was talking with an electrician because the title electrician is next to your photo and name. I will try the solutions you've suggested. Thanks

You're welcome

Rico Soma
Rico Soma, Electrical Technician
Rico Soma
Rico Soma
Rico Soma, Electrical Technician