How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7485
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am buying a food mixer that will have a US plug on it and

Customer Question

I am buying a food mixer that will have a US plug on it and I want to safely use it in Australia - details below
-120 V.A.C
-60 hertz
-325 watts
Will a simple adapter like work for this or is there something safer that will be recommended
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry just typing here is fine please review my question and let me know if you can provide an answer
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

No problem. Unfortunately the differences in voltage and Hertz make the use or adaption for use of products specific to the USA and Australia not comparable. Don't buy the mixer.

Related Electrical Questions