Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

The remote for my ceiling fan works for the fan speed but

Customer Question

The remote for my ceiling fan works for the fan speed but won't work for the lights. It's Dawnsun. I got some numbers off of the fan. Model EFU12LR3005 SKUX-RC2000-N E310027. I think I need to replace something in the fan but I can't find what I need.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

Hi we can try something simple first .......lots of times the remote will collect a residue where the button is being pressed .........so if you can......take it apart......find that area where the button meets the control panel and swab it with some alcohol ...........let it dry ...........put it back and try.............let me know how it went

thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I took it apart and cleaned it like you said but the light button still doesn't work
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

That was next thing the remote receiver inside the fan hub might need to be replaced..........but before you do.... change the dip switches or code and see if that changes anything

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I changed them the fan wouldn't work but light still didn't either.
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

it looks like it is down to the receiver then

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would you be able to give me a part number or website? I haven't been able to find what I need to fix it.
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

I will try my best Kristi

Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

I found this which is a universal ......meaning it should work with any fan.......I don't think you can go wrong for 20. ............most of the universals are 40

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Your comment says I found this which is universal. But it doesn't say what you found?
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry I forgot to paste

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Ceiling-Fan-Remote-Control-Speeder-Timer-Wireless-Remote-Controller-/142133832310

Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I wait to rate until I get the part and it fixes it?
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

sure it's up to you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the part. Did some more research and I think why It's not working is because I used the wrong bulbs in it. The light on the fan has a dimmer. So I think I need to get a different part that has a dimmer on it. I don't know. But thanks