ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I have a bank of 3 switches. 2 of the switches test out at

Customer Question

I have a bank of 3 switches. 2 of the switches test out at 125v, but one tests out at 105v. Can you give me a mreason for this?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bruce, welcome to justanswer.com

Please check voltage between hot & neutral (white) then between hit & ground (green or bare) & let me know what you find. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Between hot and neutral is 106v, between hot and ground is 123V.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, this is an indication of a loose connection on the neutral.. the bad connection could be in that switch box in any box between there and the panel or in the panel. I would start in that box reach with the neutral connection and put a good wire nut on it then keep working back from there until you get good voltage.

Unfortunately it's just a time-consuming process search for the bad connection until you find it.

I am here to work with you until it is resolved so let me know when you have questions thank you

Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

If your outlets are wired using the back-wire, push-in connections instead of the screw terminals, one of these connections is likely to be the culprit.

Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bruce, just checking in to see if you found the problem or if you need additional assistance.

Please remember to rate my service before leaving the site. Thank you