Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I just moved into a house built in 1994. My dryer has a four

Customer Question

I just moved into a house built in 1994. My dryer has a four prong plug. I replaced it with the correct three prong plug but I also managed to short out the plug. The circuit is not on the circuit breaker panel. I am not able to locate the circuit and it is not on the circuit breaker panel. I used a multimeter to test voltage and it's not registering any voltage.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You need to look for a disconnect. It will either be another panel, a small breaker box or a fused manual switch.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I figured that there must be another panel. But have not been able to find anything.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Look at the wiring leaving the main panel. Follow the larger cables to get to an area where you'll find the breaker box.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem is that there is no real way to track it down aside fromt knocking hole into the walls to track it down unless I hire someone to do this.I just wish this kind of thing was required by homeowners.I was just hoping there was an easier answer.Thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Keep looking around, there has to be one. It should be accessable. It will be somewhere between the main panel and the dryer. There isn't anything more I can suggest. Good luck.