Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I'm trying to go solar. I have these DC powered LED lights I

Customer Question
I'm trying to go solar...
I'm trying to go solar. I have these DC powered LED lights I want to use outside. What size wire do I need, fuse, what size solar panels and what can I use to make lights turn on at dusk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
9/2/2016
Electrician: Rico Soma, Electrical Technician replied 1 year ago
Rico Soma
Rico Soma, Electrical Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This project is a bit more complicated than you probably realize. You need rechargeable batteries, a battery charge controller, a photocell to turn the lights on at dusk. This is not an inexpensive project.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir. What all would I need to get this working.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

1) Your question is not just a quick 5 minute answer and you're done. Solar panel questions result in numerous Q & A and calculations. PV questions can often become complicated to provide the correct answer for. You may want to re-consider increasing the question payout value. Otherwise, most experts won't reply to your question since it is a low priced payout value.

I will opt out of the question to allow other experts to chime in.

Mike, Master Electrician