Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I purchased a new dishwasher. The old dishwasher was wired

Customer Question
I purchased a new dishwasher...
I purchased a new dishwasher. The old dishwasher was wired to the house with 3 wires and a ground. The new dishwasher has 2 wire connector and a ground. Which wire from the house do I leave off?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
9/1/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?

Test each wire to the ground wire. You need to find the 120V reading not affected by a switch. Usually an under sink cable will have a hot black and a switched red wire. When found, use it, the white wire and the ground. Cap the unused wire.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, thank you

You're welcome. Please don't forget to rate the answer.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician