How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ProGrade Your Own Question
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 561
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
ProGrade is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 220v machine made in Japan that i need to replace

Customer Question

I have a 220v machine made in Japan that i need to replace the cord with a twistlock connection
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just git the equipment in,,, need to no which to wires from a four wire twistlock will go to the equipment
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Cord on equipment is 2 wire plus ground
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The equipment has circuirt breakers as on on off switches,there are 2 wires connect to them one blue and one brown i need to know what wires from a 4 wire connector will be needed to piwer this device
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Connect green to ground, red in cord to blue or brown, black in cord to the other wire (blue or brown, whichever you did not connect to red), white wirw in cord is unused. Thanks